Adopted By the following Towns: Brooklin, Brooksville, Sedgwick
- Establish regional utility district through interlocal agreement as permitted by State law
- Build a Fiber to the Premises (FTTP) internet network to provide cheaper, faster, and better high-speed internet access
- Ensure that the network is open access, inviting multiple providers to deliver services to residents and businesses which will offer a range of products, pricing options and competition
- Establish a minimum symmetrical speed of 100 Mbps for download / upload to be provided by any service provider leasing the utility’s dark fiber network with the capability of providing symmetrical 1 Gig for users choosing that option
- Provide universal access to all residences and businesses within the geographic region of the utility
- Best in class customer support with locally managed and operated offices
Our vision is to realize a community that is fully connected through high-speed Internet and digital technology to support the educational, economic, and social needs of the Blue Hill Peninsula Maine.
Our mission is to provide every home and business on the Blue Hill Peninsula Maine with access to affordable, high-speed, state-of-the-art Internet and best-in-class customer service.
- Community Owned: Community-controlled for the benefit of its customers.
- Affordable: Services provided at a fair price.
- Reliable: Dependable service with minimal downtime.
- State-of-the-art: Incorporating the newest technology, ideas, and features.
- Accessible: Removing financial and logistical barriers to utilizing the network. Goals
- Create a community-owned regional high-speed Internet network by 2024.
- Establish an open-access network with multiple service providers.
- Be a model community-controlled enterprise for the state of Maine.